Pages

Friday 24 January 2014

Summer Rain

At last we have had some rain.... 

We woke this morning to grey skies and a cooler temperature.


And then it began to rain....

....big, fat, happy drops of rain... 


Perfect weather for books and tea. So when the older three went to swimming lessons and the wee one was in bed for the morning, instead of doing the dishes, the ironing, the general cleaning, I grabbed my book, a cup of tea and sat down listening to the gentle patter of rain on our roof.




I love everything about rain; the smell, the sound, and the feeling of everything being cleansed and nourished by it.



It's the simple things that make my day. Nothing fancy for me;  give me a good book, hot sweet tea, a rainy day and I am content. X

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment ❤