Pages

Friday 6 December 2013

Christmas Reindeer

Whenever we have travelled overseas I have brought home a Christmas decoration for our tree.  We have a wood candy cane from the ancient redwood forest near San Francisco, a blue and white Snowman from Belgium, and our Christmas star is made by a silversmith in San Diego, USA.  I love that our tree tells a story.   Once upon a time the decorations on the tree were all the same, usually balls of the same colour.  It was pretty, but now our tree is full of little stories from our life; our travel souvenirs and decorations made by the children each year.   They are all different sizes, shapes and colours.  It is very us and I love it. 

I have been looking for a Christmas reindeer for some time to add to our story.  Not just any reindeer though.  Nothing too sparkly or shiny, too precious or delicate.  I haven't been able to find the 'right' one.   Today as I was Christmas shopping I saw the perfect little reindeer in a window.    She is beautiful.   I love her sweet, gentle face.   She sits on our cupboard like she has always been a part of our family.  



As I was paying for her I saw this gorgeous little owl too.  It's made of glass and the surface looks aged.  Well, I just couldn't leave him there.  Isn't he lovely??




Although these new additions haven't come from far away lands, they form part of our story; when I get them out each year I will remember that they joined us the year my fourth babe was born ..... a most wonderful year indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment ❤